
Over Labor Day my family planned on going to the Unitas to go camping. My dad called me everyday for about 2 weeks basically begging me to go. I have decided the older I get the more I hate camping. I hate feeling dirty, get cold, not sleeping, and having to wake up in the middle of the night and go potty. It has been getting worse since we had kids. Taking kids camping is the worst. Gerrit doesn't sleep in his own bed, let alone anywhere else. At Bear Lake he slept about 2 hours per night, the rest he just cried. So I told my dad that we would come if Gerrit could sleep with him. Blake decided to take Kaymin and Deilen and I would stay home with the other two. Now...I complain all of the time about how we never go anywhere as a family. Now here is my husband willing to go and I am being a HUGE baby. AND..it would be with my family. So I took one for the team and went camping. My parents pulled their old trailer up there to reserve a spot for us and they rented one so my sister-in-law could stay in that one. Well, her and my brother decided to rent one of their own instead, so my parents stayed in the one they rented and we were able to stay in their old trailer. It was SO nice. It brought back a lot of memories. AND the best part about it is that it has a bathroom. Lets just say it was used during both nights. The camp spot they picked out had a little stream by it.





The kids spent lots of time "fake" fishing (we brought up their fishing poles and just left the little weighted, rubber fish on it) and became expert casters, shot BB guns, and climbed lots of trees.

Kaymin spent a lot of time whittling. She now wants her very own pocket knife. My mom and dad, Jen and her two kids (her husband was gone), Justin and Keylee and their 3 kids, and Blake and Brittany and their 3 kids went. I am SO glad that I went. I need to stop being a baby and just suck it up. Before I went my neighbor and friend told me of these herbal sleeping pills that her pediatrician recommended to her friend to give her 3 and 5 year old when they travel to help them sleep. So I decided to try it with Gerrit. It worked like a charm. He only woke up about 4 times per night and would only cry for a few minutes and then would fall back to sleep. Lucky me, I remembered my ear plugs. They are things that I have learned that I cannot live without.
No comments:
Post a Comment