Today marks the first day of the kids' spring break. We were looking forward to warm weather and playing outside, but Mother Nature had other plans. It is snowing today. So far we have about 2 inches and it hasn't let up yet. I promised the kids I would take them to the Layton Surf and Swim. I only had three of my kids, because Deilen's friend, Preston, invited him to go swimming with their family. Of course, Deilen would rather go with a friend than his family. It was so much easier watching three kids than four. Truthfully, I only had to watch the girls. Poor Gerrit is so terrified of big bodies of water, he wouldn't let go of me. He cried for the first 1 1/2 hours and then finally stopped. I really need to help him overcome that fear. Hopefully we can work on that during the summer. The pool had so much chlorine in it that our eyes were burning and the kids were coughing so hard we had to leave after a couple of hours. The girls thought it was cool that we got to swim in the big bubble. I remember thinking the same thing as a kid. Blake and I just hope all of this snow we are suppose to get in the next couple days and low temperatures, don't freeze our blossoms on our apricot tree. That happened last year and we only got 9 apricots on our whole tree. Both of us are keeping our fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment