Monday, March 22, 2010

This Weekend

Life around here has been pretty crazy. Friday night Carla, Blake's mom, had our three oldest kids sleepover with their cousins, Oakley and Olivia. Kameni was so excited that she fell asleep packing. The kids had a great time. While they were gone, my parent's took Blake and I out to eat for our birthdays for the past two years. Gerrit was so happy to get mom and dad all to himself. We went to Goodwood and the food there was good, but not great. The next morning, we helped Carla take the kids to the movies. We went and saw Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. The movie was SO good. I loved it. Gerrit hates to sit still and watch anything. Luckily there was only about 10 other people in the theatre and so he just ran around and that kept him busy and good for the most part. Until he began screaming at the top of his lungs like he does when he gets angry. I bought the books, but I let my sister borrow them first before I read them. Now I am super anxious to read them. Lately I have been getting up early and walking on my treadmill while I read. I have been cruising through books and have really enjoyed reading while no one bothers me. However, our treadmill is beginning to give out so it is time for a new one. Now I just need to decide which one I would like. Our current treadmill we bought from a co-worker of mine 9 years ago for $75. She was going through a divorce and her husband got it for her and paid quite a bit of money. She wanted to sell it dirt cheap to "show" him. We sure benefited from that one.

No comments: