Today my neighbor and I walked to pick-up the kids from preschool. It is only a couple blocks away and as soon as Deilen saw me he began crying. He hates to walk, but soon he was running and having a great time with our neighbor girl, Rylee. Kameni on the other hand takes in life as she walks and looks at everything and loves to "piddle" as I call it. She kept walking on the road and I kept telling her to get on the sidewalk, but she thought the sidewalk was wet cement. A week ago, some road workers poured a new curb in our cul-de-sac and her and Rylee walked in it. Luckily for Kameni, her boot prints were not on the cement, but poor Rylee's were. The workers had to repair the cement and the girls were told to stay off wet cement. I finally got Kameni convinced that the only wet cement was the cement by our house. She was lagging behind us on the sidewalk, so we thought, until we heard a truck horn. Sarah (my neighbor) and I turned around to see Kameni knelt down in the middle of a busy road looking at a dead snake in the road. My heart leaped out of my chest and I started freaking out. It is so scary to see how quick a life can be taken. I am SO thankful she is okay and hopefully she has learned to never do that again and I have learned that she needs to always be in front of me so I can watch her like a hawk.
No comments:
Post a Comment